View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 31, 2015, 02:28am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
Umm, no. As someone else mentioned you don't make stuff up just for the sake of expediency.

Better option, since that's what took place. The whistle, hopefully, stops the swinging and keeps other players from getting close to the BH/D.
I agree. There are NO jump balls that I see in this video. There were several times opponents try to get their hands on the ball but it takes more than touching the to get a jump.

Quote:
After the L mistakenly called the T - or even if he hadn't called a T - it would've been a good idea for both officials to get together and talk about what just happened. In an ideal world that allows them to make the proper ruling (maybe the T says, "Hey, that can't be a technical foul because it was a live ball.").''
We don't really know if he was calling a T as much as he might have just not known the signal for what he was calling. We don't have enough of the video to know what happened next (who shot the FTs and where they resumed play). It could be that the did it right and it was just an incorrect signal. I did that once a couple of years ago.....my initial signal for a live ball situation was a T and I instantly know the signal was wrong and correctly dealt with it as an intentional foul.

Quote:
His initial signal should have been a PC foul and then go up from there after a chat with his partner.
If you think something is an Intentional foul, it isn't a PC at all and the PC signal would actually also be incorrect. I go straight to the X signal if i think something is an IF. I don't have a problem upgrading if I've gone only PC first if a partner gives me more info but I see no reason to go with a PC signal initially on this.