View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 30, 2015, 09:22pm
TODO: creative title here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistles & Stripes View Post
THe biggest question is, why did the video creator force us to look at the opening screen for 25 seconds? That's freaking ridiculous!!

You can't just make up a jump ball to keep this from happening. G21 was moving enough with the ball after the rebound that I doubt anyone's getting in there for a tie-up. There is the potential to call a violation for swinging elbows the first time she goes around, but due to the camera angle and the number of other players between G21 and the camera, hard to tell really.
Agreed on both points.... from this angle, I don't have any way to call a held ball.

Intentional Personal foul at a minimum, and I wouldn't try to talk a partner off a flagrant if I had this angle on the action.

Quote:
Anyone have any thoughts on W34 with her "high clapping" after the foul has been called?
Nothing more than a talk-to, unless a) she's staring down an opponent or clapping in the opponents face (neither of which are true here) OR b) she's been warned previously for a similar act.

Quote:
One more thing: How do you get half way through the second quarter of a girls game with only ONE foul called(prior to this one)? Surely there had to be some nasty ugly illegal screens that could have been called in the first quarter!!
It can happen... I had a varsity girls game earlier this season with only 4 fouls called in the first half. And I've had boys games where I've had both teams in the double-bonus within the first 6 minutes of game time.