View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 14, 2015, 05:23am
Official Forum Member

Do you recall your own posts?

From this thread: https://forum.officiating.com/basket...tart-game.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref
NFHS has always been order of occurrence, so that's your answer.
The problem is that someone from the NFHS wrote a case play a couple of years ago which conflicts with the text of the rules and 6.4.1 Sit A. That case play is 3.4.3 Situation C and it states to treat any technical fouls by opposing teams prior to the start of the game as offsetting double fouls.
There is no way to resolve these conflicting rulings. Therefore, I will be going with the text of the actual rule and enforcing the penalties in the order in which they occur if such ever happens to me.

NevadaRef and I agree on this situtation with regard to NFHS CB Play 6.4.1 Sit. A and NFHS CB Play 3.4.3. Sit. C. CB Play 3.4.3. Sit. C was added to the 2013-14 NFHS Casebook. The sad part of the RULING for CB Play 3.4.3 Sit. C is that it references CP Play 6.4.1 Sit. A to support its Ruling. I though that the NFHS Rules Committee would have cleaned up this mess before the start of the 2014-15 season and correct the RULLING in CB Play 3.4.3 Sit. C to conform to CB Play 6.4.1 Sit. A.

MTD, Sr.
Toledo, Ohio

Last edited by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr.; Mon Dec 22, 2014 at 11:33pm. Reason: Changed "back up" to "suport' in the next to last sentence.