View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 19, 2015, 11:37am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Why? Do you think there is going to be some big argument over the play.

In all of my years of officiating I have only been in the locker room twice for some sort of major disturbance. One time it involved an official at halftime who was just a straight up a$$-hole. I let him ramble on without responding. In 2nd half his arrogant a$$ caused a correctable error situation, so karma got its revenge. The other time was after a game and involved 2 guys who I don't think like each other very much.

I'm always bewildered when folks make comments like there is going to be some sort of big argument in the locker room over a call. We're frickin' grown ups, we better be able to calmly and candidly discuss plays without personally attacking someone and without taking it personally.
Exactly. I had the same thing happen in a playoff game. I saw a bobble, gave a bobble signal, partner called a travel.

Made me realize I probably shouldn't have given the signal, cause I'm not going in and arguing an inadvertent whistle there as I didn't know if there was something else I didn't see.

But even if I had disagreed, there'd be no strange blowup at halftime. That has never happened in 28 years, although I've been involved in one post-game thing.