View Single Post
Old Wed Feb 18, 2015, 08:46am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burtis449 View Post
Rule 5; Section 4; Art. 1 TRAVISTY
That team was making a "TRAVISTY" of the game. In my opinion you did the correct thing.
My goodness. Travisty? And why is there a little red squiggly line under it when I type that?

And you're looking at the book for a reason to forfeit a game? The referee always has the rule backing to do so, but that means little.

Forfeit is the nuclear option. It can be a career limiter. Someone on the crew needs to have a come-to-Jesus moment with an assistant coach. Continue to eject until you reach the person that will listen....or maybe they'll walk out, which makes a much easier report to write than "we forfeited the game."

Verbal judo here is a waste of time.

I agree with the comment above -- too many officials want to engage after a technical foul -- stick and move. Call it and don't be anywhere in the vicinity until after the free throws are shot. I don't care if he stands, rants, says stuff he shouldn't at that point, cause I'm nowhere near him. If I have to eject him there, it will be such that everyone knows why he's getting ejected.