View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 21, 2015, 09:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
We always remember our first, right?

Final 7 seconds, home team is out of timeouts and down 4 in a very tense game; home team inbounds and knocks down a 3 with less than 5 seconds to play, so H12 grabs the ball and chucks it, literally, into the second level of seats. Whack. Home bench is whining because they think they are entitled to a DOG warning. Home coach was livid, and pretty much begging for another T, but with 1 second left and the one T already called, I wasn't going to give him the satisfaction.

This was one of those games that was a blast to officiate for about 30 of the minutes, but the last 2 were a nightmare. The emotions from both sides elevate and no matter what we call/don't call we are going to hear about it. I actually felt like I stayed focused and calm, so I'm good with my game. Although I'm sure because of our state's coach-based evaluation system I will get slammed.
I don't care what a coach may get out of anything I call. I call what needs to. As stated before you could have just let time run out and end the game. In my experience that would probably create some after game crap that would then become a letter to the assignor and your local rep. It is what it is. You were in a pickle either way.