View Single Post
Old Fri Jul 11, 2014, 09:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1 View Post
There is a difference of opinion in our group about technicals after a warning for delay.

According to 9-2-10, 10-1-5c, & 10.1.5e its refered to as a "team tech". But 10-3-5d says that delaying the game by "repeated violations of the throw in as in 9-2-10" by a player are "player techs". Also, the chart on page 70 in the rule book lists delay under both "administrative" and "player" technicals.

The prevailing arguement here is that the delay on a throw in is "team" and its only other types of delay (withholding the ball, tossing ball across gym, etc.) charged to the "player" because they are more aggregious. However, there seems to be no such differentiation in the rule or case books.

So, I humbly come before this assembly of wise and experienced officials to request the sage advice, opinions, interpretations and musings upon this matter of great debate. What say you...
I'm gonna guess. I think the player tech would be for repeated violations by the same player. Everything else would be team T. Tossing the ball across the gym sounds like an unsportsmanlike T, rather than delay of game. If it was the first time it happened, I don't think you'd give a warning.