View Single Post
Old Fri May 09, 2014, 01:10pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
And maybe while we are at it, I know a lot of newer officials, myself included struggle with a blocked shot+body contact=foul. If there is a clean block up top and then body contact that should be incidental correct?
That is what I believe, but there are people that disagree. To me a blocked shot of any kind had to be with some level of body contact if it is a one on one type block attempt. And when a bigger player is making a block, any contact with them is going to be more violent. I can tell you that if you play with bigger and faster players, that is usually the accepted point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooternes View Post
If the body contact occurs before the blocked shot this is a foul. How about from behind say on a breakaway: a blocked shot from behind with body contact that knocks the shooter off balance. What do you rule on this?
If you illegally contact someone to make a play, then I have no problem calling a foul. But again there is going to be body contact on shots sometime. All contact even that has a player not in a legal position means you have to have a foul.

Peace