View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 29, 2014, 11:16pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
Great call if only you overlook the illegal sefensive contact that was creted by the defender moving INTO the path of the ball handler.
Which would have been called if he hadn't pushed off

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomegun View Post
I would like to see the play without being critical of the official or giving the official a pass because of who he is - just look at the play for what it is. When I looked at it initially, I thought the defender was moving into the offensive player. If it happened that way, and I was the offensive player, I would push off too, especially if I needed to get such a critical shot off. However, if the defender was legal, the push off should have been called.
"Coach, I was ready to call block until your guy pushed off".

If the defensive player does not initiate illegal contact, by rule it cannot be a defensive foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twocentsworth View Post
Watch the video of that play - even Ray Charles. An see Tony Greene running right past Coach Williams. The REAL problem is that Tony AND his partners didn't look at the UNC bench immediately after ISU scored. How can you possibly advance to the NCAA tournament as an official and NOT have game awareness that instinctively causes u to look at the bench immediately after a last second basket. It's so simple!!! It's unbelievable that not only didn't he look...HE RAN RIGHT PAST A COACH WHO SIGNALED AND CALLED FOR IT....
Boy are you going to look like an idiot when he's crew chief in the semis, or in the final

Last edited by canuckrefguy; Sat Mar 29, 2014 at 11:26pm.