View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 26, 2014, 10:52am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny A View Post
Just out of curiosity, what WOULD you do?

Suppose after the base switch, the pitcher delivers the pitch, the batter singles to knock home the lead runner from second, and the trail runner moves to second. The DC comes out and protests that the runner at second was originally the lead runner, and you verify that fact by checking your lineup card. Would you allow the run? Would you require a do-over?
I really don't know. In this particular sequence, the thing for me is how would I verify it after the fact? I'm very cognizant of verifying runners before the fact, so the chances of this happening to me are next to none, but I don't know how I would verify the DC's assertion.

But let's say it somehow happens. The one thing I can tell you is that I'm still ejecting. I don't know if I would let it stand or if I would have a do-over.

Is there a case play for, say, the defense playing the first batter with 10 on the field and getting an out? If there is, I would use the same principle.