View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 27, 2013, 09:57am
Official Forum Member

I agree these videos are pretty pointless but since I'm at the office on a slow between Holidays Friday it at least provides me something else to do. Funny that they are titled, "you decide" though as if they are some great teaching clips.

I'm guessing that this is some sort of pre-season scrimmage since the clock is running and the first video has over 11 minutes on the clock in what clearly looks like a HS game. So maybe it's a running clock scrimmage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballgame99 View Post
Clearly a travel first, also appears to be a foul on white with a hold. Past that it impossible to know who its out on. And I find it funny that whoever is chuckling thinks its so obvious. Maybe they are chuckling because of the missed travel? From the angle and velocity it goes out of bounds it looks entirely plausible that it went off white's knee.
Agree that it's a clear and obvious travel before the start of the dribble. Disagree that it's "impossible" to know who it's out on. It's very clearly off of blue 13's foot. We've all missed those in real time but on replay its clear as day.

I don't like the L's positioning or body language at all. He's way too lackadaisical in widening from the close down position and is leaning over to see the play, which is likely why he called the OOB incorrectly.

And after missing the obvious travel it very well could have been a foul on white for a hand check. But calling that a "hold" with my assignors would be a no no.