View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 05, 2013, 07:07pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny d View Post
What difference does it make if the best officials work the so-called top games. You get paid the same whether you have the top game of the night or the bottom game. Just go out and do the best you can and not worry about the other stuff. Besides, it seems to me that your interest lies in officiating college basketball, so in the end, you will either be doing HS games to fill in your non-college nights or you will stop doing them all together. Eventually this type of nonsense about how or who gets assigned to what games will no longer have any significance for you.
Where did I mention top games or bottom games? Ever hear of holiday tournaments and post-season games? Maybe you're one of those guys who makes snide comments to officials who go to camp.

And I already work a college schedule, and I've been doing so for a few years now. I have tremendous relationships with my current HS assignors. And they both appreciate having college guys on their HS staffs. And the college guys I know who still work HS ball, do so in a professional manner.

But thanks, for assuming I'm just talking out the side of my neck with no basis for my statements.

Last edited by Raymond; Tue Nov 05, 2013 at 07:32pm.