Thread: LDB or not?
View Single Post
Old Sat Nov 02, 2013, 10:57pm
Eschew obfuscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Tough for you as L to see that she caught the ball in the LDB...did the C come in with information for you? I would have, even after you empahtically signalled the block at pointed at the restricted area.

That seems like what is going to have to happen - the outside officials are going to HAVE to come in with that information.
This was tough for me (obviously, that's why I posted it haha). If you watch my mechanics, you'll see that I get ready to bang it as a charge, and in mid-mechanic, I notice that the secondary defender's feet are in the RA. Therefore I switch it to a block. Last year, this would have been 100% the correct call...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob jenkins View Post
I agree with this.

It would be easier if the whole LDB was outlined or shaded.
I agree with this wholeheartedly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jTheUmp View Post
Ok, so let me get this straight... on a block-charge play like this one, you have to now keep track of:

1) Did the defender obtain legal guarding position?
2) is defender inside the arc or not?
2) did offensive player "begin her move" inside the lower defensive block or not? And how do we define "begin her move"?

Is this just NCAAW, or does it apply to NCAAM as well?

Either way, this makes me glad that I only work FED basketball.
Your points are correct. That's a lot to think about in that tenth of a second you have to decide and call a play!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
Only NCAA-W.

And you need to change the order of your points. They should be in the order of 3, 1, 2.
I disagree. I think that 1) you need to call the play (LGP). 2) Take note of the RA (in or out). Then 3) Realize where the play originated from, and then make the correct call. There's a lot there to take in!