Thread: Elbow Swing
View Single Post
Old Sun Oct 27, 2013, 11:44am
Esteemed Forum Member

Confused In Connecticut ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
Of course, what I'm about to say is unofficial
BadNewsRef: You're post is safe with me. I swear that I won't repeat this to anyone except for the few people that use the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
One could be excessively swinging elbow(s) in a careless manner in order to create space or "get people off me" and catches someone above the shoulders. Then you have someone who excessively swings their elbows with an intended destination, an opponents face/head; IOW, targeting.
Thanks for the valiant attempt, but I'm still confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
If the elbow was moving faster than the body but not excessive ...
How can we have an elbow moving faster than the body but not excessive? For thirty-two years we've been taught (unofficially) to call the excessive swinging elbow violation (didn't this used to be a technical foul at one point?) for elbows that are swinging faster than the pivoting player, without any contact.

Is this (elbows that are swinging faster than the pivoting player) no longer the (unofficial) definition of an excessively swinging elbow? Can't we still use this definition (elbows that are swinging faster than the pivoting player) for when contact is made, and decide to go with an intentional, or flagrant, but never a common, foul?
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Oct 27, 2013 at 01:05pm.