View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 08, 2013, 08:25pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ASA/NYSSOBLUE
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCalScoreKeeper View Post
ok I get what you guys are trying to do.this is the highest level match I'll get to work as an R1 or R2 all year.I call lines for one of our schools who requests officials as line judges.I love October because every week I'm working multiple matches.
Here in our section of New York, in order to save on bus trips, they decided to have the middle school level - called 'modified' here - teams play, instead of home/home. a double match of 3 sets once (for a very nice fee also, - $120! ) in two of the three counties we cover. The other county had been doing either 5 set or double matches for a long time. The first season they started that, I got around 10 matches that way. This year, our association is so short of modified officials, I am in the middle of a 17 match season!

And - even though I am a modified official, I get called to do at least one or two JV only or JV/Varsity.

I will end up doing in a month and change of volleyball almost what I got for two and half months of high school softball!