View Single Post
Old Sat Sep 14, 2013, 04:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
I cannot as the L how you really see the entire play from that position. I think the C has to get this. I am not someone who just likes to call a foul just because a player goes to the floor. Yes I might call a foul if I see the entire play, but this looks like and off balance player that hits the floor. I certainly would not be mad if someone called a foul here, I just think it was suspect.

Peace
Fair point on seeing the whole play here and I'm not someone who likes to call contact just because someone hits the floor either but watching the L's positioning it appears as though he saw the play and if he didn't he should have. The secondary defender - the big who came over - is his responsibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
The answer to the question to what the new Lead should be thinking was "I can't have a foul for marginal contact on my end." So according to the big boys we should be taking account to what is called on the other end of the court.
Which, IMO, is a good answer. So on this play if you're seeing the contact and "that wasn't marginal" is what registers in your head then whistle should go. Meaning if the L followed that thought process he felt the contact on Play 2 was either marginal or he wasn't sure. The lack of a call still has me scratching my head especially since I watched the entire game and saw the quality of calls up to that point.

I guess another question given what they told you at the camp is would the flip side be true, meaning given what happened 17 seconds before should the L be thinking “if there’s a 50-50 here I should take it”?
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)

Last edited by JetMetFan; Tue Sep 17, 2013 at 06:31am.