View Single Post
Old Tue Apr 09, 2013, 09:48am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfan1981 View Post
Anyone else worried about how the national media is portraying this game. Saying every game should be officiated like this, Jay whatshisface said, "The officials got out of the way and let the players decide it" I thought officials are there to enforce the rule book to create level play.

Personally I thought the game was very rough. I thought there was contact severe enough to create a disadvantage. On a couple loose balls, there were guys just punching at the ball and striking the opposing players arm. Isn't this a foul?

I don't want to see the trend going this way. It will filter down to all levels. Am I way off base here?

Were you officiating the game? If not then there will always be things that happen you do not like. And I would have to watch the game from a TV perspective, but nothing about that game looked rough anymore than any other game I have seen. There were players going to the basket and when you have defenders contesting shots, you will have contact.

I really hate to say this, but this is what I find about this site, most people here only officiating high school but then come up with every little contact play and want to call a foul. This was an up and down game and a lot of fouls were called. Because they did not call 20 more the game was rough?

Peace