View Single Post
Old Mon Apr 01, 2013, 08:12am
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmaja View Post
I've seen a ton of calls I have not agreed with so far this tourney season (men and women).

The above mentioned Baylor-Louisville game is the most controversial.

My biggest complaint about the tourney has not been with the officiating, it is with the rules.

How many times have we witnessed a team without a timeout remaining getting extra time while the officials review how much time is on the clock. This rule has the potential to significantly alter the ending of a game.

The handling of clock issues should be the same as rule 5-10 of the NFHS book. Spending 2 minutes to determine if the clock should read 2.3 or 2.4 remaining is ridiculous when it gives a team what amounts to an additional time out to set up a play they otherwise would not have a chance to set up if the element of human error was still allowed.

If the officials know an error occurred then they should be allowed to review, which has happened a couple times this tourney (like a full second off the clock for example), but when we are talking about the margin of human error) roughly .14 for reaction time we are to nit picky.
Blame the coaches and ADs who write the rules. Maybe they like that free time out.