Thread: Gear
View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 27, 2013, 09:30am
This IS My Social Life

Do This

Quote:
Originally Posted by gojeremy View Post
Hello everyone.

This is my first post on this forum. I'm going to be a new basketball official in the 2013-14 season. I feel silly asking this question but I'm curious what is the best gear to buy. (Shoes, shirt, pants.) Thanks.
For your first year, do this:

Go to Purchase Officials or Honigs or Smitty's or any other online distributor and order a package special that'll give you your shirt, pants, warmup jacket, and whistle. Shoes are usually separate, and according to what seems to be a consensus on this forum, order yourself a pair of Reebok Zigs.
Based on how these items do for you your first year, and adding all the input you get from partners you work with your first season, you'll know what's best and most suitable to order for your second year. You're unlikely to solicit sufficient opinions to order what you personally would consider "just right" on this forum, since everyone has his/her own personal preferences when it comes to garb and gear.