View Single Post
Old Tue Mar 12, 2013, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
I agree with BNR (I would have had the travel).

On #5, I don't think the defender moves into the path, he's already in it and adjusts slightly within the path, so I'm not penalizing him by calling a block.
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icallfouls View Post
flop
flop
no call
no call
charge - offense spread legs so that either leg was on each side of defender then goes through
no call
I'd like to hear rationale for why moving toward and under an airborne shooter resulting in that much contact is a no-call.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetMetFan View Post
I got a little skeptical when I saw plays 3 and 6 in real-time because the defender went down as though he was hit by a sniper rifle. I'm not saying they're not PCs but I'm saying I might have passed on them since the force with which he hit the deck didn't seem to match the force of the contact, which would've made me think he flopped.
On #3 there seems like a little embellishment but still clearly a PC IMO. On play #6 it looks like he got rtfo. Not seeing it there.

And for ballgame99 I'd like to know what you see the defender doing wrong to consider blocks on plays #3 and #6. I think you and icallfouls need tutorials on refereeing the defense bases on your responses here.