View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 07, 2013, 12:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camron Rust View Post
Also The lead had no worse of an angle than the C....who was straightlined just as bad from the reverse angle. It was a secondary defender that came from within the lane and was the only defender the lead had to worry about while the C had another defender coming in with the shooter.

I don't know what he saw, but the lead had as good of a view as anyone on that play.
CR, I disagree. Yes, he's a secondary defender but he also was the only defender to contest the shooter. Both the C and the L have a clear look - the only player who could've possibly gotten in the C's way was Black #11 and it doesn't appear as though he does.

Last but not least, the crash was in the C's primary. The L needs to let the C get that first. If there's no whistle make a call but at least give the guy a chance. By the same token the C needed to be ready to make that call. If he's looking ahead of the play, which he should've been since neither the initial dribbler nor the player who ended up with the ball had a defender on them for most of the play, he sees B1 and gets ready for what might happen.

One of my first thoughts watching the play was it was a two-person call made in a three-person game.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)