View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 18, 2012, 02:42pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
Fair enough. I understand what you're getting at, and I'll put this in my pocket for next time. Thanks.

I will say I think it's incredibly difficult to communicate all the nuances, tones, inflections, reactions, body language, emotions and energy that go on in a particular situation.

Which is why, in a forum such as this one, taking an approach such as "Hey, fiasco, instead of what you said, what if you had tried XYZ?" is probably a more meaningful and productive approach to a discussion instead saying "Well, you crapped all over that coach, way to go."

That's just childish, and it's picking for an argument just to pick for an argument.

I accept the blame for taking the bait.
Agree 100% with the bolded, which is one of the reasons I am not trying to be overly critical in this situation.

My initial comment in this thread was about a situation I had and how I think I could have handled it better and learned from the experience.

And I don't think I've read anyone say Fiasco handled this horribly, he should have done XYZ. I think it's more along the lines of this is why it's best to not engage the coach at all after our partners stick them. Because almost anything we say, no matter how well intentioned is more likely to escalate the situation than diffuse it and in some cases can make it appear as if you are coddling the coach or undermining your partner.

Officiating is an art not a science. Nobody here is perfect and I think we all know that. And I do agree with you that people on here can nitpick and come across a little high and mighty a little too often for my taste.

But my sense of this thread is that people are just giving their perspective and suggestions on why they handle things certain ways. The experience you shared should be used as a learning opportunity for everyone. No need to attack or defend the way the situation was handled IMO.