View Single Post
Old Fri Aug 31, 2012, 09:11am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius View Post
You're definitely not alone. I have tons of partners who eject for things at the HS and college levels that I'd never eject for. Mostly they're injecting their own opinion concerning what's acceptable behavior instead of whether the ejection assists with game management.

Your point about Harper making the umpire having to decide motive is valid, but doesn't alter the fact that CB decided wrong.
You wouldn't eject for this in a high school game? What else do you put up with from kids? Drawing lines? Barking at you from the dugout? I don't understand how you wouldn't eject in a high school game. College players get a little more rope, but not a lot, so this would probably earn them a trip to the showers too. From what it sounds like, the pro guys on here would do it too (And some have).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Publius View Post
It's understandable coming from Bucknor. Two guys named Angel would have done the same. So too would, I'll bet, DJ Reyburn and Rob Drake. Nobody else I can think of would have.
Holbrook ejected Greinke in Houston a few weeks ago for spiking the ball. There's another guy. I bet we can come up with more if need be.