View Single Post
Old Thu Aug 02, 2012, 12:06pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brick43 View Post
A-1 is just above the free throw line where he has picked up his dribble. Player B-1 is denying all of his passing options but leaves his path to the basket open. A-1 turns and throws the ball off the backboard, runs in catches it and lays it in. I have nothing and the game continues. Players lightly chirping it was an intentional miss and a travel. At the next stop in play, I ask my fellow partner his thoughts and he shrugs. Every once in awhile a rare play happens that I second guess my judgement. Is this a legal play as I ruled?

How about another one...
The night before A-1 driving strong to the basket mistimes when he should leave the floor(leaves to early) and comes up short on his finger role and the ball gets nothing but air. He lands, catches the ball and dribbles the ball. Again I have nothing. I saw a legitimate shot attempt and a rebound.

Thoughts?
Have you ever read anything that says "intentional misses" are different than "regular" misses?

Knowing the rule book is a good cure for second guessing. Don't let player reaction outweigh rule book study.