View Single Post
Old Wed Jun 06, 2012, 04:15pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyroad View Post
First of all, I will put my record of "getting calls right" and the level of games I have worked up against yours any day...so don't try to go there.

Secondly, in pregame(whether I am leading it or not) I will tell my partners that if they want my help, ask for it, and I will give it. If they don't ask, there's no reason for me to give help. And I tell them that if I want their help, I will ask for it. If I don't ask, I don't need their help.

So if I am working with you, and I call an oob and you come running down to me making a big show of helping me out, I will simply say "thank you", change the call to what you wanted it to be, and then do my best to never work with you again.

If I am working with you and I make an oob call and people start going nuts, I will think "hmmm, did I miss something here?" and then I will yell "Partner, you got something for me?". And then I will change my call or not based on the info you give me.

If I am working with you and you make an oob call and I have info you might want, I will hold my spot and stand there and smile at you stupidly. If you shake your head at me, away I go...if you want my information, you will ask me "Partner, you got something for me?"

Nice and simple...
Like whoa, there's that sensitivity I was talking about!!

First of all, my "getting the play right" comment was in regards to having info & not providing it. Holding my spot & smiling at you stupidly is STUPID & doesnt do the game any justice whatsoever IMO.

If I'm the coach who the IC went against & I see you standing there smiling, I want to know what you think is so funny! I'll probably get whacked, but I will show the play to your supervisor & see what he thinks about it & you smiling while not helping your partner.

We'll have to agree to disagree about your thought process on help & no I dont want to battle you. There are too many potholes in my game, my CC % couldn't be in your ballpark. Im not that good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
it is typical for a partner on a close out of bounds call where they see the entire play to come to the calling official and give them information. As long as he gave you information and you changed the call based on that information, not sure what is the problem.
Perhaps rockyroad was his partner :-)

Last edited by tref; Wed Jun 06, 2012 at 04:21pm.