Thread: ND vs Temple
View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 17, 2012, 10:35am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
The problem is inconsistency. Somebody was complaining in another thread yesterday, I think, about this exact violation not being called. If that is the case with this call, (it's simply not called at this level) like the Austin Rivers traveling videos we recently watched, and now it is called in an extreme situation such as this, I'm with Barkley, that sucks.

Has anyone by any chance reviewed more of the video of this game? Did this guy step in on other free throws without a call?
A few other things to remember:

1. The calls were obvious.
2. If you want to argue the whole advantage/disadvantage aspect, the kid who violated in the UNCA/Syracuse game also happened to be the one who ended up rebounding the missed free throw. If that's not an advantage then I don't know what is.

I feel the same way Snagwells does on this one: find a play where a kid was 3-4 steps inside the 3-point arc before the ball hit the rim/backboard and it wasn't called and I'll say you have a good point. But on back-to-back days we saw the same situation and it was called the same way.
"The NCAA created this mess, so let them live with it." (JRutledge)