View Single Post
Old Thu Feb 23, 2012, 12:22am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLundagard View Post
Totally agree that this is not the way I want to end the game. However it is the coach that has made that decision, not me.

The penalty is not a secret. Two direct techical fouls are you are disqualified. Why do I need to jump through hoops for the coach that wants to act like a fool. I am not the one penalizing the kids, he is.
I understand where you are coming from, but are you just going to forfeit the game because a coach tells you they are not leaving and then without hesitation forfeit the game? Give them a chance to leave that is all I am saying. At the very least tell them you do have the right to forfeit the game. But I would not just do this just because a coach made a threat. If GM can help, use them. What is the harm? Because your stance on the rules does not give a specific time limit or how you accomplish this. And your state, area or conference might have a method of policy to handle these as well. To say that there a rule is making the situation very simplistic IMO. I am just saying be cautious before you pull that trigger. Once you pull the trigger, you cannot pull it back and the powers that be might have an opinion about not giving them at least 5 minutes to solve the problem. I was in a situation in another sport and my partner did the same. The sports administrator said he made the decision too quickly. So someone with a little more power or in a decision making process might have another opinion. Five minutes is not a major problem. If you said 10 minutes than that is another story.

Peace