View Single Post
Old Fri Jan 06, 2012, 01:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
I'm sorry but what?

I think what most of us are saying is that when it's clear that somebody is more concerned with using their body as a weapon on a basketball cout than they are on actually playing basketball then we would do our best to control the game as an official and use the rules at our disposal to remove the player from the contest. Regardless of their size or position.
I do not think most of us are saying anything. I think there is a lot of disagreement on what is and what is not flagrant and on play one I have not seen most advocating for that being a flagrant foul.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaTerp View Post
And when it's clear, as in this video, that this kid's fouls are putting opponents in way of physical risks beyond that of what typically occurs in an organized basketball game a compotent official does their best to get rid of them. Again regardless of their size or position.

The fact that he is a "big boy" and chooses to illegally and dangerously throw his weight around is on him.
I think if we did not see a compilation of plays and just one play at different times, I honestly believe there would be a very different reaction. I think we are overstepping what most of us would do and considering I have very rarely ever seen an flagrant foul, let alone called one personally for contact, I doubt many here would go right to that place easily.

Peace