View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 30, 2011, 12:31pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
The same thing I would have done to ensure his backcourt call was correct. If it's obvious that the ball wasn't touched, I'll initiate a conversation. If it's not, I'll assume he saw hand on ball when he made the call.

If my assigner wants to press, I'll ask him if he can tell me which calls I should be challenging my partners on to make sure they understand the rules. If I'm feeling particularly snippy, I'll tell him I assumed the partner he assigned me knew the rules.
I think you are missing the entire point myself and many others are trying to get across, but that is fine... everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

IMO - this deserves at minimum a conversation. I have seen guys lose games and in some cases careers derailed based on incorrect rules applications. And it almost always affects the entire crew. Do you want your partner's poor decision to impact your schedule, playoff assignments, etc?

But the bottom line is, our #1 job every night is to do what is right for the game - to get our plays right. This didn't happen in this case, and so hopefully the crew can learn from it and get the play right next time.