View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 20, 2011, 03:44pm
This IS My Social Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark T. DeNucci, Sr. View Post
Junior and Daryl Long, and I have been using the Dolfin whistle since it came out. I much prefer it over the Fox-40 Classic as well as the Mini-Fox (which I used for years because I do not care for the feel of the Fox-40 Classic in my mouth) for comfort and I think that it sounds slightly louder than the Fox-40 Classic. And do you really think that players, coaches, and fans can really tell the difference in sound. I don't think so. I think that you are over thinking the sound issue. I can tell you that I was probably one of last college officials, men's or women's, at any difference that finally went to the Fox and it was not until the Mini-Fox came out and then I eventually went to the Fox-Classic because I just did. I can still make a peaed Acme Thunderer sound louder than a Fox-40.

MTD, Sr.
Nope, nothing wrong with my hearing.
To be fair, had our odd-man-out partner handed us each a Dolphin, we probably would've used them.
Did sound quite different, though.