View Single Post
Old Wed Mar 23, 2011, 02:36pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastshire View Post
I'm not saying they get away with it, I'm saying it's the way they react.

Your standard is appears to be that an official/coach can't point an error or unfair action on the part of a referee (or do you simply T up any coach that disagrees with a call regardless of how they express it?). That's simply wrong. Cat made his point in a non-offensive way so that only the official knew he was disagreeing. If he was a regular coach we'd give him a medal. But since he's a ref, he's Ted up for it.
If they react that way regularly, then they're getting away with it.

You should probably read more of my posts on this. For some reason known only to God, I was thinking he made the comment fairly loudly.

Is "that's bad officiating" the same as "you're a bad official?" Not quite, but it's a lot closer to that than it is to "that's a bad call."

If said quietly, I'll warn. If said loudly, I'll whack. If somewhere in between, he's risking a T. If he's tried the "ireftoo" junk in this game, well that's just more BS for the accumulation. Note, he's not getting a short leash because he's a ref, he's getting the short leash because he said he's a ref. The only reason to say it is to try to influence the officials; not acceptable.

Note also, I'm not saying he did this, just elaborating.

Back to "my standard." It's not that he can't disagree or even point it out, but he's not going to show me up with that comment. Like it or not, it's a show-up comment designed to put the officials in their "proper place." What if he'd said, "that's middle school officiating...."?