Thread: Tim Higgins
View Single Post
Old Thu Mar 10, 2011, 02:57am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbduke View Post
I don't follow. If you think it's a travel, you blow the whistle. Period. If after doing so, you think that the final horn clearly beat your whistle, fine: ballgame. But blowing the whistle is the only chance you have there to completely eliminate the possibility of a dreadful mistake.
So you call traveling when the clock has run out? Really??? And since you quoted what I said and highlighted, you must did not read it. You do not call anything if you are under the impression the game is over. They obviously thought the game was over or they would have looked at the monitor to see how much time to put on the clock. They did not do that, so they must have figured the game was over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbduke View Post
As the C, Walton would have been completely justified in banging a travel there. But it appears that almost immediately after the St. John's player controlled the ball, Walton looked away for some reason. I don't think he saw the whole play, so I'd be shocked if he thought that a travel was even a remote possibility there.
The person that would have called this was the Lead and that was Jim Burr. He has the ball, the feet and the line all in sight, much better than anyone across the court. Sorry, I am not making that call for an assumption. And across the court that is probably an assumption as you need to judge control. Burr had a much better look if he was looking there. Not sure how Higgins (the Trail) would see he is looking at the back of the player at best.

Peace

Last edited by JRutledge; Thu Mar 10, 2011 at 02:59am.