View Single Post
Old Sat Mar 05, 2011, 09:32am
This IS My Social Life

Key Role Model Player

Had this team in district playoffs last year on 3/10. This was a bigger player who had a nice set of hands, who could easily knife through a zone on a drive and go up strong to the hoop. But most noteworthy was that, even as a sophomore then, he was the one I went to a couple of times when a player from his team was getting a little out of control. He'd go over and discreetly settle his teammate down and calm the situation.
The medical officials determined that the cause was an enlarged heart. I'd say this kid was all heart. The kind of player any of you would enjoy officiating.
This particular coach is the kind of guy you'd want a team to have in this sort of discomforting situation. A care filled young man who is now saying and doing what needs to be said and done.
Our hope here is that the team can play to the best of their efforts in his memory as they proceed to districts this coming week, if they choose to continue today.