View Single Post
Old Mon Feb 14, 2011, 06:37am
This IS My Social Life

Pleasant Report from the Mitten

Here across the lake from Rut the one conference who went to two-person for varsity for this past season, having reportedly regretted its decision, has decided to revert to three-person again next year. Apparently they found that the seasoned officials they had come to appreciate refused to make themselves available for two-person games and continued with their three-man crews, so these schools lost what they felt were the best officials for most of their games.
That leaves the sublevel games, especially the doubleheaders, for the AD's and superintendents to win back to three-person so as to provide the seedbed for varsity officials of the future.
I don't mind doing two-person. With a good, reliable partner it's a good system, and that's what I started with back when Wilt was still playing. But I do miss working with the veterans who chose not to do the same. Going back to three-person will be a welcome move on the varsity level. And if they keep wanting two-person crews for those F/JV doubleheaders, I don't think they're gonna be real satisfied with what they're going to end up with, as much as those guys really do try to do a good job.

Last edited by Freddy; Mon Feb 14, 2011 at 08:11am.