View Single Post
Old Mon Jan 24, 2011, 11:45pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbyinTN View Post
In that case it is an intentional as a minimum and could easily be a flagrant. It sounds like there was intent to injure and thus is fragrant and a T
It was easily intentional but did not rise to the level of flagrant IMO. I'm very comfortable that I made the correct call even though I did not administer it 100% correctly.

As for the OP, after reading some of your posts it seems that you were in the mindset of "swinging elbow violation" and not foul. Obviously, the excessive swinging of the elbow without contact would have been a violation and no foul.

With contact, it is your judgment as to whether it is a common, intentional, or flagrant foul. If you do not deem it to rise to the level of intentional or flagrant, then it is a common foul and since the player had the ball it is a PC foul and no free throws are awarded. As noted, that is a correctable error.

Like I said before, we live and learn. I certainly learned something and got some clarification from this thread. Thanks for posting this.