Thread: Forfeit Video
View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 18, 2011, 08:32am
Eschew obfuscation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra View Post
Intentional foul, 2 technical fouls, and forfeit.

It seems as though the lady in front of the person who shot the video was a little too anxious to get out of there... she gathered her stuff up within two seconds of the official saying the game was over. She was ready to GTFO!

As far as the play goes, I have no problem with an intentional called, but they might have been able to get away with a common foul and moved on. They were obviously trying to foul, and I didn't see anything too over the top for what the fouling team did to warrant the intentional foul. However, if the official saw an intentional foul there, I have no problem with it.

How come the calling official bailed out from staying table-side after calling the intentional foul? It seems to me that this would be a good time for the calling official to go over to the coach and tell him what he saw. Calmly, I think this situation could've been avoided. Was this a college game? That's the only thing that I could think as to why the official went opposite table. I think the coach was wondering why an intentional was called, and no one gave him an ear or explanation....

However, I have no problem with the forfeit. He made a complete a$$ of himself after he was ejected.

Lastly, "He should be calling a tech on that kid... It should be a tech."