View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 01, 2011, 03:04pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmc View Post
Every single player who is a member of a collegiate football team anywhere in the nation has been advised to avoid the showmanship nonsense celebrated by ESPN and other media outlets.

As has been know since time immemorial (or should have been) "If you can't do the time, DON'T DO THE CRIME". A player wants to gamble, places his own celebration ahead of his team and accepts the risks of his actions has to also accept the possible consequences of his actions. Whining and complaining about being punished, as you should have absolutely expected, just doesn't cut it.
None of that justifies making a call that shouldn't be made.

[quote]Bad behavior by others should NEVER be considered an excuse, or license, to behave badly. Those of us who question another official's integrity, courage or ability should have some extremely hard evidence to back up their assumptions, or simply keep their mouths shut.

The evidence is listed in the bullet points that TXMike listed earlier in the thread. Had those bullet points but followed, the flag never would have been thrown.

Quote:
Of course if you've already worked your first perfect game, you can pontificate all you want, but until you do you might consider your own last assignment and how far you may have been from achieving perfection before polishing your halo.
That's very weak. I guess it's supposed to make anyone who's ever questioned anything feel guilty. Doesn't work for me. None of us has worked a perfect game. That doesn't mean situations can't be discussed or mistakes pointed out. They can and will continue to be discussed.

As I've said from the get-go, the way the rules and guidelines are written, it puts the offiicals in position to be the bad guy and the scape goat.

Oh, and Geofrrey, I will continue to post on this an other boards without regard to your opinions your illusions that you can tell me to stop.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by BktBallRef; Sat Jan 01, 2011 at 03:08pm.