View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 21, 2010, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
Situation: A1 (standing at the top-right of the key in the 3 pt area) passes towards A2, cutting through the lane on the opposite side. Just as A2, standing in the paint, is about to catch the ball, B1 runs in and it hits him in the head and goes into the basket.
3. No different than the case play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 26 Year Gap View Post
If it is deemed to be a try, then it is 3 points. If it is definitely not a try, then it is 2 points. My play had a pass parallel to the floor into the post that got deflected, changed direction dramatically and went into the basket. The OP sounds similar to my play. My interpreter and my former interpreter both indicated that 2 points was correct in this case. One is Fed & the other is IAABO.
Nope. 3. No different than the case play. Both interpreters are wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaqwells View Post
I didn't say it needed to be a try.
26 year gap did.

Quote:
Sitch 2: A1 shoots a three point shot, but it falls short and is an air ball. A2 and B2 attempt to get the rebound, but B2 outjumps A2 and is able to tip it and it goes in.
2. The try ended when it was apparent it wouldn't score.

Quote:
Sitch 3: A1, from the corner (3 pt area), passes an alley oop pass towards A2. However, the pass sails over A2's hands and the basket. After going over the basket it hits B2 in the a) hands or b) head and bounces into the basket.
2. As Jurassic stated, once it's fallen below the basket, it's a 2.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by BktBallRef; Wed Dec 22, 2010 at 12:15am.