View Single Post
Old Tue Oct 26, 2010, 01:21pm
Lighten up, Francis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwillRef View Post
Showing signs of a concussion...really...did you go to school for this? Just because you fall down and hit your head doesn't mean you have a concussion.
Goodwill, obviously, I don't know you from Adam, so if I'm way off-base, I apologize in advance. But you seem to be WAY up on a high horse today. Your comments in three different threads seem to be talking down to others.

WTF is your comment above supposed to be getting at? BillyMac gave a GREAT example of how the new rule might play out in a real game. The rule says if the player shows "signs, symptoms or behaviors" of a concussion, the player MUST be removed from the game.

Very few refs are medical doctors who went to school to recognize concussions, yet the rules MANDATE that if we see signs, symptoms or behaviors of a concussion (and they give us several examples, plus a long training video online) that we act on that.

Obviously falling down doesn't mean that you have a concussion. But we're not given a rule about HAVING a concussion. We're given a rule about the signs, symptoms and behaviors of a concussion (which, you may recall, they have given us several examples of, as well as a long training video online).

So if you're trying to be funny somehow, or if you don't realize that you sound like an elitist prick (which I've been called on this forum many times, although I still contend I'm not an elitist), then I apologize. Otherwise, I really think you need to realize that there are lots of people on this forum who have a lot of knowledge and are trying to dig deeper into the rule than simply realizing that falling down does not necessarily give one a concussion.