View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 15, 2010, 04:07pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK47 View Post
oh thats funny stuff......

as for more humor, here is one for ya. Many years ago I was subing on a mixed softball team. I was up to bat, hit the ball and as I was leaving the batters box I slipped and fell flat on my face. Everyone started laughing and the defense was laughing so hard I was able to get myself back up and make it safely to first. Later my teammates wanted to know what happened, did I trip on my laces or what. I showed them my shoes and they were as smooth as a babies butt, I had no traction and that is why I slipped and fell. Either way I got a hit.
I played one year with a slow pitch team that was really good. The pitcher could place the ball exactly where he wanted it and we had a full team that could hit and field. During our first couple games, the pitcher would occasionally turn around and yell "TSS!" I had no idea what he meant but was too afraid to ask. When I finally did I learned it stood for "tennis shoe syndrome". This meant 2 things. The batter was probably not very good if he was wearing tennis shoes rather than cleats and he'll probably be slow getting out of the batter's box so take your time on ground balls.