View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 14, 2010, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
What did I say that was wrong? I said you can take the spot of first touching or the dead ball spot. What I said was very basic. If you want to get into all the situations then that is OK, but not what was asked in the OP.

You did not say anything different than what I said at all. I just did not get into all the scenarios of the rule or when the rules apply or do not apply. And I would not do that considering that is not what the question was about.

Oh, I should have said that if the spot of first touching is one spot and R muffs the ball that R can take the ball at the spot of first touching?

Or should I have said that if the ball is touched first touched and the ball goes into the EZ that if the spot of first touching is in advance of the touch back spot (the 20), R can take the ball at the advanced spot when the ball is declared dead?

Maybe I should have said that R does not have to take the spot of first touching if they advance the ball beyond the spot of first touching?

Or better yet, what about penalty enforcement? What about inadvertent whistles? What about PSK enforcement that might apply to this situation as well?

Sorry but this is why some of you guys amaze me. The question is what we look for to place the ball near the EZ, not what first touching means and all the situations it applies or does not apply. Now we look for a lot of things, but I do not think he wanted to know all the rules or would necessarily understand all the rules as he is not a football official. If a fan asks you a question you start chapter and verse with every situation or rule that applies in your explanation. If you do WOW is all I can say. It only makes me wonder what those you actually work with think of you if that is the case.

The man asked about a how to make a turkey sandwich, he did not ask how to shoot the turkey, how to take the feathers off and where to cut the turkey and store the turkey. My Lord, people here really need to answer the question that was asked, not all the situations all the rules apply.

Peace
All those words, and you STILL can't answer mbcrowder's question.