View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 13, 2010, 12:52pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLin NC View Post
I disagree that the LJ should not have killed the clock here. What you did with the situation afterwards is your call.as the WH.

Once my back is turned to my box, I've got no idea what my boxman is doing. A good LJ would catch it and if he couldn't get my attention and get it corrected prior to the snap, his only other option is to stop the clock.

I'd much rather have a correctable clock error than a missed or added down to sort through.
I disagree with your assessment of the worse problem. You play the down mistakenly marked "2," then fix the box. Most participants will probably recognize the error anyway.

To stop the clock and restart it after giving A a new 25 is not a "correctable clock error," because it's not an error at all. It's the officials giving A a significant and unfair advantage in their efforts to run out the clock, all because the LJ decided to fix the box. It's taking a minor error and making it major.

The only way to "correct" this "error" would be to invent your own rules, as some here have proposed.