View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 13, 2010, 10:55am
Fav theme: Roundball Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMooreReferee View Post
Not gonna deny it. I was the Referee in this scenario.

Not gonna argue with anyone about the fact that there really isn't any rule support for the decision I made here. Unless of course you want to consider rule 1-1-6. I honestly don't think its all that crazy to consider 1-1-6 here.

Bottom line is this. I think we all need to try our best to do what is right. In this particular case I feel very comfortable in that regard. This was a very out of the ordinary kind of circumstance. The LJ should not have killed the clock in the 1st place. But since it happened, I had to deal with it the best way I knew how. I could've told team A that they had a 5 second play clock as someone suggested. But that would've been kinda difficult to do with the 25 second clock on the field in each endzone. I Would've had to go over and coordinate that with the pressbox. It would've been a major disruption to the flow of the game. So, I did what I did.

Obviously I've been thinking about it since the game this past friday, otherwise I wouldn't have even posted this. So, yeah, I wanted to get some opinions from the very smart folks on here.
Nah... just tell the coaches that the play clock will expire at 20 seconds.