Thread: Projected subs
View Single Post
Old Sun Mar 07, 2010, 10:49pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
On a related side note - After a coach has subbed for a batter or runner in the offensive half of the inning, how many of you will ask if he intends to re-enter the subbed out player as the teams are changing from offense to defense?
I will make myself available to make reporting the re-entry as easy as possible. I generally will attempt to make eye contact with the head coach. But if the coach doesn't pick up, it is giving him/her an unfair advantage to remind them. There is a penalty that the opposing team is entitled to when one team doesn't report a re-entry; it just isn't neutral to help one team avoid what the other team is entitled to.

I had that just this week. A college coach made several substitutions, both batters and runners in a half inng (incidently, one was two changes made at the same time!!), but only reported she re-entered two of the three starters that inning. But she re-entered all three. The opposing coach waited; and protested at the most advantageous time. It erased a run!!