View Single Post
Old Tue Feb 09, 2010, 11:23am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbzebra View Post
ok, i'm confused, so I'll play devil's advocate for a minute...

A1 is dribbling up the floor and say for the sake of argument, B1 is lying totally still on the floor (or on all 4's, barking like a dog from way back in the day

With B1 lying perfectly still, A1 dribbles and trips over him/her and falls, this would still NOT be a foul on B1? I know LGP is two feet on the floor, torso facing opponent, but I also understand everyone being entitled to their spot on the floor...

I actually had a rebound situation last year happen to me...B1 falls on the floor, A1 gets rebound and turns to go upcourt, trips over B1, falls, I call block (now granted, B1 WAS moving around like a turtle that got flipped on its back, so B1 was NOT totally stationary, which made it easy).

I'm not trying to be a smart@$$, I'm just really trying to understand this. I know if there is even a LITTLE movement by floor-ridden B1, we've got a block. Just trying to grasp the other side of it. sorry
If B1 is lying still, he can't be responsible for the foul in NFHS. He's entitled to that spot on the floor and the responsibility is on the dribbler (or any other player) to avoid contact.