View Single Post
Old Wed Jan 20, 2010, 04:00am

Thumbs down A review of your posts indicates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ump153 View Post
Wow. What video were you watching? DJ got between his partner and the manager as is supposed to. You can even see him trying to "shoo" away his partner. Jose was the agressive party, not DJ

I suppose that works in Midvale. I'll be sure to recommend it to DJ next time I see him.
Very condescending remark.

Quote:
We are obviously seeing the video with different eyes and different backgrounds,
What background would that be? Do you have superior training than the rest of us? Doubtful.

Quote:
High school umpires have no business passing judgment on DJ in this incident.
Many of us so-called "high school" umpires have tons more "real life" umpiring (not to mention general baseball) experience than do most younger "5 weeks of pro school and a little bit of minor league baseball experience" have. You really can't believe that 5 years in the minors is more experienced than 25 or 30 years doing HS, college, and adult baseball, day in-day out.

Quote:
Oh, God. Another one of those. Got your gi on?

Yes I can see just from this exchange how superior your technique is. Already I've stopped thinking of you as the complete fool you are.

Wow, you're right. You've difused everything.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Oops. Sorry, Sensei.
God, how very condescending, not to mention rude.

Quote:
Tell us, Sensei, where have you been successful in handling Jose Offerman, or any professional hothead with a record of violence for that matter? Oklahoma? Georgia? Illinois? Venezuela? Dominican Republic, Portland?

You are the one touting your successes. Give us specifics. DJ's record is open for review by all. Put yourself on equal footing. Tell us how you handled the brawling coaches at Linfield and George Fox.
Again, that phony-a$$ed superiority shines through like the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umpref View Post
This is like having a telephone conversation with a deaf person.
Yes, it is very similar. Then he chose to shout it at you like you were a 5 year-old. Very classy.

Quote:
I should have said: "You were never there."

None of your training or experience has involved this situation. If you believe all situations can be handled alike, you are either naive or a fool.

Shortly after moving down here, I met a cop who works in South Central. During one conversation I mentioned "vebal judo". He said, "We have name for cops who use verbal judo around here...deceased."

Nothing works everytime, every place. That's my point. You have no knowledge, or experience that indicates what you think you would have done would have worked any better. That's my point. You are free to suggest that you would handled it differenty, but you are wrong in making any claims to success in a situation you did not handle. That is my point.

Stick to your pussycats.
Yeah, he doesn't have that "special" knowledge and training that you have, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Finnerty View Post
"Hate spewing"???

You're not serious, are you?
Sadly, that's the arrogant "pro umpire" stance. We're just a bunch of Charlies that don't know sh*t from shinola about umpiring. If we dare to disagree, we are spewing hate.

Quote:
You understand why?

How?
Remember, it's out of 154.

Quote:
Some people, like one of this guy's defenders, seem to require experience under specific conditions and circumstances to gain any value from the experience.

Others, like you and me, require only life's general experiences to shape our approach to people in any situation---especially a tense one.

And we're not just high school umpires, nor do we call on only our umpiring skills and experience to manage people in tense situations. That's why we are successful in managing people on whatever level we work, and at whatever capacity in life.
Very well stated.
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25