View Single Post
Old Sat Jan 16, 2010, 10:33am
We don't rent pigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjump View Post
i was in the stands watching a gjv game last night, and had a bc/tc status question on this sitch:
:08 sec.to go in 1st half. Clock is stopped team a has an end line throw in from under b's basket...all the remaining players from both teams are in a's fc.
A1 throws the ball in by rolling onto the court. As it gets close to the division line a2 runs up to the ball, straddles the division line (right foot in bc, left foot in fc), and stops the ball from rolling with her hand. ball is still in bc on the floor and her hand is on top it, and she's still straddling the line.
my questions on the highlighted section:
1) has a2 established tc?

i'd have to see it, but i'd say no.

2) if a2 has established tc, is it a bc violation?

no. One way or the other, ball never left bc.

3) if #2 is not a bc violation, when a2 picked up the ball (while still straddling the line) am i correct in assuming that if a2 lifted her right foot (the bc foot) first and brought that down in the fc..no bc violation? If a2 lifted her left foot (fc foot) and brought that down in the bc...bc violation?

as long as a2, is straddling the line she has bc status. Neither of these is a violation.

4) is it bc if from the "pinned to the floor position", while still straddling the division line, a2 rolled the ball back to a1 in the bc?

no. Ball never achieved fc status.

#4 is what actually happened in the game, refs let play continue. Not being critical of the refs here, like cdurham, i'm still having difficulty throughly understanding bc violations...bit have found all the replies to the op helpful. Good question cd....it started, imo, a good thread for us newbies.
ok?

Lonesome Dove

Last edited by just another ref; Sat Jan 16, 2010 at 10:37am.