View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 02:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Oh, my God. You seriously don't know the difference between anabolic, androgenic and cortico steroids.
I guess you seriously do not know that leagues like the NFL does not make a distinction and outlaws all those drugs and WADA is even more strict from an Olympic point of view. I said this before, there have been NFL players that were suspended because of taking legal and prescribed substances, but the NFL still suspended those players because these are not legal substances. And in some cases the NFL had to be taken to court to either reduce or allow players to play that were taking prescribed substances. Baseball has the worst drug policy in all of professional sports in this country and did not even have a drug testing program that included PEDs until 2005. And the penalties were minor until recently if caught. Whereas if you did so in the NFL, you were put into a program and might be suspended for an entire season if you were caught with such a substance. Baseball had to wait until they were brought to Congress and participate in a hearing before they took drastic steps to make any steroid illegal through testing. Just writing a letter telling everyone you do not approve is not enough. BTW, players in the NFL get popped all the time for over the counter substances that are deemed illegal by the NFL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrUmpire View Post
Yes they were. Even McGwire knew that. What keeps you from understanding that?
I seem to understand the issue better than you do. Because what is legal in the law is not legal in sports leagues or in the Olympics no matter what you can take with a prescription. And you must not understand that those organizations just do not say they are illegal, they test for them. And WADA even holds testing material so when they develop tests later they can find out if those are taking substances that are considered illegal.

Peace