View Single Post
Old Tue Jan 12, 2010, 01:29pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRutledge View Post
The last time I checked Steroids were legal when Mac was playing.
Check again.

Quote:
I like what Bobby Knight said about Gatorade last night that is also a performance enhancer as well. So if "5 Hour Energy" and other substances that give you a boost too, but for some reason we think Steroids is the automatic elixir to make you better. There are a lot of players that were tested for Steroids and they were not much better than anyone. But I digress.
Regardless of what you like about Bobby Knight, when it comes to this topic he is an idiot.

Gatorade, 5 Hour Energy, Red Bull, etc. are NOT defined as Performance Enhancing Drugs. They, despite the billions spent on advertising, are not even performance enhancing substances.

Performance enhancing drugs are, in part, defined by their characteristic to improve PEAK peformance of an individual as opposed to something, say, like cortizone that may allow one to return to the level of performance they were at prior to an injury.

McGwire, according to his own statement and timeline, took steriods when they were illegal substances and lied about it until the statute of limitations ran out and the Cardinals made coming clean a condition of his employment.

He's a douche.