View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 23, 2009, 02:19pm
Courageous When Prudent

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
End of 1st quarter, I'm T as the clock is expiring. B1 has the ball and jumps into A1, who jumps vertically to block the shot. There is a good amount of contact, but I have nothing, as B1 jumped into A1's vertical space.

Well, B coach isn't please with my call. Normally, I would ignore him and talk to my partner during the break between quarters, but, trying to take your (and others' advice), I go over to talk to him. I'm calm, I'm pleasant, I explain to him that his player jumped INTO the other player, therefore there's no foul even though there was contact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadNewsRef View Post
No need to go over to the coach on a situation like this. If you so happened to be near him and he comments, then yes, a quick and short reply may be appropriate. But don't go out your way to explain, especially a play as basic as the one in question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiasco View Post
I was T on the play next to the benches. He was asking why it was not a foul.
After the quarter is over you are no longer the Trail next to the his bench, you should now be somewhere along the division line waiting for the 2nd quarter to start. In your own words you say "I go over to talk to him". That's what my answer to you addresses.